The Monarch Station provides nectar and host plants for all stages of the Monarch Butterfly’s life cycle. Although this garden is focused on protecting the Monarchs, this garden plays host to many more local butterflies and birds. Fireworks of blooms start in spring with a grand finale at the end of summer through early autumn.
Plant this garden in dry to moist soil with full or partial sun.
- Hibiscus moscheutos ‘Vintage Wine’
- Hydrangea arborescens ‘Anabelle’
- Asclepias incarnata ‘Soulmate’ (Swamp Milkweed)
- Rudbeckia fulgida ‘Goldstrum’ (Black-eyed Susans)
- Rudbeckia trilobal ‘Prairie Glow’
- Asclepias tuberosa (Butterfly Milkweed)
- Echinacea ‘Delicious Candy'(Coneflower)