Grasses and seeds are a favorite of birds. Expect to see flittering wings and lovely songs in return for planting this bird haven. Blue hues take the stage in spring with Baptisia, and blooms of pink and violet will show off all summer and end with blue aster in Autumn.
This garden is perfect in a meadow and it will grow best in dry soil to moist soil with full to partial sun.
- Baptisia australis ‘Purple Smoke’
- Schizachyrium scoparium ‘Standing Ovation’
- Panicum virgatum ‘Gunsmoke’
- Aster laevis ‘Blue Bird’s
- Penstemon digitalis ‘Husker Red’s
- Echinacea ‘PowWow White’ (Coneflower)
- Echinacea ‘Delicious Candy’ (Coneflower)
- Oenothera lindheimeri ‘Sparkle White’